Monday, November 22, 2010

Annotated Bibliogrpahy

“Google Images.” Google. Web. 07 Nov. 2010. http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi.

-I used this source for all of the pictures that I incorporated to this blog. The picture of Oprah Winfrey was used just to show the readers a picture of her. The picture of the woman touching the glass ceiling was used as a visual display of the term “glass ceiling”. I think this is a very reputable and credible source to use for all of my images as a visual display.

Hibbert, Vicky and Sue Baker. A Woman’s Guide to Managing Men. London: Bowerdean Publ.,
1995. Print.

-I used this book as one of my sources because it gave opposing sides to women and men in the workplace. This book talks about the “hazards women are likely to experience in the workplaceas they climb the ladder of business success”. Even though this book is over ten years old, I think a lot of the information can still be used today. It was also interesting comparing things that this book focused on to things that more recent books focused on.

Morrison, Ann M., Randall P. White, and Velsor Ellen. Van. Breaking the Glass Ceiling: Can
Women Reach the Top of America's Largest Corporations? Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley Pub., 1987. Print.

- I used this source as another very reliable source in regards to the glass ceiling. Up until this project I had never heard of the glass ceiling so the two books that I used as sources about it really helped me out.


Shambora, Jessica, and Beth Kowitt. “50 MOST POWERFUL WOMEN.” Fortune 162.6 (2010):129-135. Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web.7 Nov 2010.

- I used this source to look up very famous and successful women CEO’s and their accomplishments. A lot of the women on this list I would have never thought would be running these huge, successful companies, but this list really helped me find them all and gave great facts about each women. It had the companies earning and net worth , as well as other accomplishments that these women had reached. This source is very reputable because Fortune has a great reputation for being reliable, with well-credited information.


Wikipedia. Web. 07 Nov. 2010. .

-I used this source to look up facts about the women executives that I talked about. I didn’t know anything about Oprah Winfrey’s philanthropies or the accomplishments of Indra Nooyi and Irene Rosenfeld. I mostly just used this source for quick definitions and facts about the people I talked about. This is a very reputable source that many people use.


Wirth, Linda. Breaking through the Glass Ceiling: Women in Management. Geneva:
International Labour Office, 2001. Print.

-I used this book as one of my sources because it basically taught me about what the “glass ceiling” was. It gave tips on how to break through the glass ceiling and in general what that meant. This source was credible because the book is very well known and a great tool used in many businesses.


"Women CEOs." USA Today. Web. 7 Nov. 2010.

-I used this article when talking about the pink and blue leadership styles. It also gave me great incite about famous women executives that didn’t make it and failed and the reasons that they didn’t succeed at the CEO level. I chose this article because USA Today is a very reputable source and had a lot of great information for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment